The management of risk approach is key to our investment recommendations and active monitoring of client accounts. We may not give you cocktail party bragging rights during bull markets, but we hope to help you and your portfolio calmly navigate the inevitable bear markets.
We think behavioral finance is a critical component of helping our clients achieve their goals. Why? Because no matter how good the advisor, the trick is to get people to act when it is the most difficult to get them to act. Our experience is that client intuition is often flawed. We incorporate the lessons of behavioral finance into our practice so we can help our clients overcome bad intuition and make good decisions at the right times.
Fit In the Industry
- Independent, creative thinkers
- Individualized solutions here; not commoditized, pre-packaged solutions.
- Primarily Fee-based asset management. We charge a fee on the assets we manage; not commissions on the trades that we do.
- Sophisticated, high-end work with families and individuals who have concentrated blocks of stock.
- Stock option exercise and diversification strategies.
- Succession planning for family-owned businesses.
- Proprietary Portfolio analysis and design.
- research to select the best institutional managers, mutual funds and products.
- And much, much more.
A Broad Range of Clients
- A select group of wealthy families
- Founders of publicly-traded corporations
- C-level executives from large companies
- Small-to-medium family businesses
- Celebrities & athletes
- Nonprofits and Family Foundations
- Religious institutions (endowment management)
- Multi-generation family wealth
- Donor Advised Funds
- CPA, law and consulting firms
- Retired couples
- Growing professionals in their 30s and 40s